all coming together
What a week it's been. My new boss called last night at 7:30 pm to offer me the position. What a relief that was. Now I can relax and know that one of the little guy's first lessons will not have to be why daddy is home during the day. Seriously, a true answer to prayer, timingwise, just everything. On top of all that, I leave for my residency requirement at Norwich the day after tomorrow. My 18 month program is almost over, just this monstrous paper to finish. Between my academic burnout and the emotional high of the baby coming and the new job, I can barely focus long enough to write. You should read my paper so far. It is embarrassingly bad. I hope it comes together a little better before it's due.
Our dear old friend Dr. Sheila Beyer called out of the blue today to check on us and see how everything was going. Always so nice to hear from her. She is so intentional about her friendships, a trait that we both admire so much. She asks the right questions and. . . get this, listens to the answers. And she remembers the important things months and even years later. Bless her heart.
So here we are in mid-June '05, and life as we know it is about to take a form that is unrecognizable from that of a few weeks ago. Baby. Job (with benefits and real paycheck). no more school. Wow. It hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm sure it will once the paper is about 24 pages behind me and the big team debate in VT is over. it's all coming together here all of a sudden. cool.
new camera should arrive in a few days. then we'll start putting some more pics up, especially of the cute pregnant lady.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home