first sunburn
Well I'm just getting the hang of this blogging thing. For example, I just spent half an hour writing an entry, then hit the refresh button on my browser by accident. Entry gone. It's really no fun re-writing stuff again, so this is likely to be short.
Boat's in the water, on the slip. Fish are here, caught a bunch (over 30 myself) this week. I missed the big night, last night because I was in breastfeeding class with Ame. Yep, that's right, breastfeeding class. I can now add the words colostrum and engorgement to my vocabulary. At least we're one more step closer to having some knowledge about how to feed the next France. Did I mention that breastfeeding is free? What I missed in breastfeeding class was a night where some enormous fish were caught aboard my boat, in fact that largest fish every caught aboard the little green boat. But there will be other nights to be on the boat.
Today was one of those friday afternoons that we have far too few of in a given summer. Jeff, Matt and I on the boat from lunchtime to about 5pm. 75 degrees, sunny, hardly any other boats out there. Not lots of fish caught, but a few hookups, and one good-sized keeper. And the sunburn of course. Why do I forget to put sunscreen on the top of my feet every year? I hope I can get away without having to put socks and shoes on for a few days.
That's all for today. I'm going to go now and see if I can figure out how to add a photo to this blog. Wish me luck.
1 Comments:
Your vocabulary is going to change quite a bit over the next few months... be prepared. And as far as breastfeeding goes -- as the dad it takes you out of the process. My husband was glad for that when he was in school and wanted to sleep.
Nice picture of the big fish!
christine
(a)musings
Post a Comment
<< Home