Tuesday, May 31, 2005

memorial day

Second post here. Wondering if I'm ever going to have enough to say to warrant my own blog. As it is, the only reason I'm writing now is because it's 2:15 in the morning and I haven't been able to fall asleep yet. Ame has been sleeping since about 11:30. I envy her ability to be sleeping seconds after the I turn of the light, if not minutes before.

So it was Memorial Day weekend. We didn't really do too much. Actually I take that back, it was kind of busy. Ame went back home on Saturday for a big baby shower. It was co-ed, however as I graduate in two weeks it was impossible for me to spend a whole Saturday away. It may be just as well, I really don't like showers anyway. I feel a little badly about it since all the males on her side of the family seem to like them. but what can I do? I'll probably suck it up and go to a few here and there and 'make the best of it.' Anyway, back to the shower. Her family really does come up big for these events. They went all out on decorations and presents for the baby. A lot of people bought us a lot of stuff. We are both very greatful for everything.

Sunday was a barbecue and birthday party for Pitkin. Good time, chilly and rainy but fun. KInd of funny how Memorial day weekend has changed for all of us. Seems like yesterday that Memorial day weekend meant lax weekend and now its barbecues with as many attendees in daipers and watching Disney movies as there are drinking beers and standing around the grill. Just as well, I think. As much fun as it was at the time, I think beer and kielbasa breakfasts are better in my memories than they actually were at the time. Today was the real highlight though. Ame and I cleaned the apt for about 8 hours straight. Now that's a Memorial day to remember. Maybe next year I'll actually do something in recognition of vets. Who knows. That's all for now, maybe I can get to sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

l