bad uncle
There are a lot of things I forget, just ask my wife. but I am famous for forgetting important events in the lives of those close to me. I don't think I've ever remembered my parents' anniversary. . . ever. In fact I forgot it again this year; it was a couple of days ago and I was reminded of it by my mother, a day later. And I don't ever remember birthdays of people around me either. The day after mom informed me that I missed their anniversary, she emailed to tell me that my nephew Ben's birthday was the next day. So, thanks to Amazon, at least he'll get a present within a week of the event. Luckily for me he's only, (oh no, I really can't even tell you exactly how old he is) maybe 7? And when I talked to him on the phone, he was pretty cool with the fact that he'd be getting a package in the mail in a few days. That's 'cause he and his brother, Thomas are pretty cool guys in general. Ben told me on the phone that he was "looking forward to meeting his new cousin after he's born."
So I was reminded of the anniversary too late, but the birthday just in time. One of these years I'll figure out how to remember at least most of these events, because so far nothing is working for me, including having a wife which was supposed to solve all of these little problems.
happy anniversary Mom & Dad, and
happy birthday Ben! Enjoy your castle and I hope your playmobil soldiers were successful in guarding the presents until daddy got home from work.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home