Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Fourth

We had a very busy weekend again here at the francecrew home. It was, of course, the Fourth of July which means we made our annual trek up the road to the local horribles parade. I've spoken of and documented my previous horribles experiences, so long time readers will be familiar with the concept. This one was actually so over the top offensive that I was only able to find two photos that I could share. And they weren't even that good so I just merged them together.

For those whose curiosity I've peaked about the offensiveness of the parade, let me remind you that this parade is a celebration of our Country's independence and of our first amendment. Well, they were certainly exercising their rights this weekend. Most of you are probably aware that over a dozen local high school girls suddenly became pregnant. It made national news. 90% of the floats in this little parade used this as their primary comedic inspiration. Fortunately I'm still too young to have any idea really about any of it. Dad mentioned that he suddenly realized why every family in town puts their kids IN the parade on bikes. It's so they don't have to watch it. You can't read all the posters and offensive floats if you're pedaling your heart out in the middle of the whole thing on your streamer-laden bike.

Anyhow, that's about all the chit-chat I have in me for the night. Here's one of me sitting next to some lady at the parade, and then the other picture I was telling you about.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

l