Monday, July 4, 2005

the fourth

we finally made it to the town parade that we've been hearing about for years. it starts kind of early in the morning, so we never really made much effort to get there. this year we were convinced to have a look. the parade is called a horribles parade.

keep that in mind if you decide to watch the little mini slide show thing I have here. for those uninitiated in the idea, here is the basic idea: a fourth of july small town parade with a mix of traditional entries (firetrucks, old cars, bands) and non-traditional entries. and by non-traditional, I mean inappropriate. since appropriateness is sometimes overrated, i had to see this for myself and share with my family and friends. often the non-traditional entries tend to be inside or local jokes, but national stories are fair game as well. not that I am an expert after viewing my first horribles parade by any stretch, but it seems like the town views it as their independence/first amendment day parade.

so, like I said, some of the parade entries in this slide show may be slightly offensive to some of you more sensitive types. one more thing, the slide show has sound, so if you don't want to hear it, turn down your sound or hit the little sound button next to the play button on the viewer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

l