Sunday, November 1, 2009

happy halloween.

What a treat it was to have Halloween on a Saturday. Jake and I made (and tested) some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins on Friday in anticipation of Saturday. They were awesome!! And we only have 2 left as of Sunday night! I got the recipe from the Mom's group I go to during the week and I am so glad we had an easy recipe that was ready and waiting for us to try.

We were able to do lots of very fun fall activities! Soon after we had our breakfast (more muffins) we carved our pumpkins and roasted our pumpkin seeds. It was a great year for pumpkin carving because Jake could really help. He carved one all by himself and designed the other. They are not the most perfect, traditional pumpkins, but Jake was such a huge part of it, which is the best. Pumpkin pics will come on another day...sorry for the delay!

In the mid-afternoon we headed over to one of our good friends for trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. First, let's begin the the 70 degree weather. A-mazing. Perfect for trick-or-treating. Dads took the kiddos out while Mamas manned the front-stoop to handout candy. We ended the evening with a little fire in the firepit. Such fun. Here's some pics of the evening.


Clearly making out well at the neighbors!


Darth Vader on the move.


Yoda hanging in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

l